Delaware, Ohio. – The Transylvania men's tennis team struggled through the first leg of its weekend trek through Ohio, dropping a 9-0 decision to the Ohio Wesleyan University Battling Bishops at the Luttinger Family Tennis Center on Saturday morning.
Transylvania fell behind early in the match, dropping all three doubles matches to the Battling Bishops. The Pioneers' best chance for a victory came in No. 2 doubles when the duo of Edis Sinanovic and Brandon Stofleth fell by the score of 8-3.
The singles competition played out similarly, with Transylvania struggling to gain any traction against Ohio Wesleyan. The Battling Bishops swept all six singles matches to claim to 9-0 overall victory.
The Pioneers will wrap up their weekend in Ohio when they face the Otterbein University Cardinals tomorrow morning in Westerville, Ohio. The match between the Cardinals and the Pioneers is set for an 11:00 a.m. start at the Otterbein Tennis Courts.
For more on Transylvania tennis, follow @TransyTennis on Twitter
Transylvania 0, Ohio Wesleyan 9
1. Jack Hibbard (OWUM) def. Luke Groene (TU) 6-2, 6-0
2. Elliot Garwood (OWUM) def. Eric Sandknop (TU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Alex Lutz (OWUM) def. Brandon Stofleth (TU) 6-0, 6-2
4. Ryan Simon (OWUM) def. J.T. Henderson (TU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Miller Buckholz (OWUM) def Edis Sinanovic (TU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Kienan O'Doherty (OWUM) def. Daniel Cooper (TU) 6-1, 6-3