CINCINNATI, Ohio- The Transylvania University women's tennis team improved to 4-3 on the season with a 7-2 win at Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference opponent, Mount St. Joseph University, Wednesday.
The Pioneers got the early momentum sweeping all three doubles matches as the duo of Claire Mielcarek and Megan Dixon remained undefeated in doubles play with an 8-4 win. Freshmen Lilli Williams and Mary Grace Amato topped MSJ's Kristina Staley and Felicia Shadwick, 8-6, before Jessica Shotwell and Jenna Niddfer secured the sweep for the Pioneers.
Transylvania maintained the momentum taking four of six singles matches to earn a 7-2 win and another pivotal HCAC win.
The Pioneers host Rose-Hulman in the final HCAC match of the season Saturday. Saturday's match is scheduled for noon.
Transylvania 7, Mount Saint Joseph 2
1. Claire Mielcarek/Megan Dixon (T) defeat Shelby Betz/Morgan Hoehn 8-4
2. Lilli Williams/Mary Grace Amato (T) defeat Kristina Staley/Felicia Shadwick 8-6
3. Jessica Shotwell/Jenna Niddfer (T) defeat Sarah Gravunder/Jenna Roberts 8-4
1. Claire Mielcarek (T) defeat Sheby Betz 6-2, 6-0
2. Lilli Williams (T) defeat Morgan Hoehn 6-0,5-7, (11-9)
3. Kristina Staley(MSJ) defeat Mary Grace Amato 6-3,5-7, (10-6)
4. Jessica Shotwell (T) defeat Felicia Shadwick 3-6,6-4, (10-7)
5. Sophie Head (T) defeat Sarah Gravunder 6-0,6-1
6. Jenna Roberts (MSJ) defeat Jenna Niddfer 6-2,6-1